Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Little Joys

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you make look back & realize they were the big things."
Robert Brault


 ***

Simple pleasures throughout the day can be far more gratifying than anyone can imagine. When you connect the dots between all these little joys, life seems fuller and more satisfying.

Here are a few of my little joys that fill me with bliss:

- Getting an unexpected gift. A perfume, earrings, flowers or even my favorite chocolate bar. It could be anything no matter how simple it is. It's the thought that counts the most.

- Watching a movie & suddenly a song I know plays in the movie's soundtrack. Something about it never fails to make me smile!

- The smell of bukhoor every time I enter the house. Utterly relaxing & it boosts positive energy.

- Going through my photography & some old albums remembering good times & memories. It's been a while since I last had the time to use my camera & I really miss it.

- Finding unexpected money in my wallet or jeans pocket!

- The feeling I get after finishing a book with a good story that got me hooked for days. I sometimes tend to read the last few pages as slow as possible just to hold on to that feeling for a bit longer.

.. & I can go on forever! The list is endless when you come to think about it, because the joys in life are in the unimportant details that we often belittle.

No comments:

Post a Comment