Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Judge me, & I judge you.

There are lots of things that I don’t like about our Omani society. But what I truly despise is how judgmental people can be. To be honest, I was judgmental myself, but that was almost five years back, when I realized that I don’t even know the person well nor do I know the reason he was acting the way he acts. & that I was drawing a picture in my mind according to what I hear from people, which was probably one of my life’s biggest mistakes.
In our society, rumors are quickly spread, & people believe anything they want to believe, even if deep down they know that there’s a chance that it isn’t true, but that doesn’t stop them from carrying on instead of confirming what they hear. I mean, seriously people! Why not to confer & personally make sure about something before talking about it? That would have made things much better.

What also bugs me is to judge someone according to their family. I know most of us believe that every person’s behavior is nothing but a reflection of the person’s family, and I’m not saying its wrong, but it doesn’t always work that way, & to me, everybody is an individual & that’s the way I’d prefer to judge most of the time. I also want to point out that we should never judge someone according to what has happened in the past, because firstly we are living the present! Plus, people grow up & learn from life & some do change to the better. Again, we are living the present!

Anyway, no matter what happens, no matter what we hear, after all, we are all humans & we do mistakes. So let’s give everyone a chance to once speak out for themselves & right the wrongs instead of making their life miserable because of our judgment.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post!

    Let's do our best to love people and ask ourselves how we would wish to be treated if we were in their shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks that way. Some are just too full of themselves.

    I guess it's just a sense of maturity in the end.

    Thank you for passing by, Jeff! =D

    ReplyDelete