Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Optical Illusion.

Going through some photo streams on flickr.com the other day, I found some pictures that later I learnt are called Forced Perspective Photography which is a technique that employs optical illusion to make an object appear farther away, closer, larger or smaller than it actually is. It is used primarily in photography, filmmaking & architecture.
It manipulates human visual perception through the use of scaled objects & the correlation between them & the vantage point of the spectator or camera.
.. There were some photos I found that were not objected away, closer, larger nor smaller. They were simply rotated, which I think should also be added to the definition because obviously it’s the same technique idea & concept.
Here are few of the ones I liked the most:

Photo by ho1gresson


Photo by trekmrber



I find it a pleasure to view such inspiring creativity that people have.  It’s in you, too. All you need is to think out of the box. Look at the world through a different perspective & you will work wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment